Friday, March 11, 2011

10 lb Challenge

Of course, after I announced my no-sugar Lent, now is as good a time as any to discuss dropping these pounds. I weight 145 lbs. I'm pretty sure 146 is the heaviest I've even been in life and while that's not fat, it lends itself to me looking like a peanut-colored version of sponge bob. All square everything.

I'm not getting any younger and my body is not on these tricks and games with me, so it's time to drop 10lbs. Yes ma'ams and sirs, my goal is to be 135 (that's my flat stomach weight) by my birthday. I started yesterday, so this gives me 7 weeks to get right and get it tight before my birthday trip Tiff's wedding in Jamaica.

The plan: I'll likely drop 5-6 lbs without trying due to Lent. You can judge my motivation for doing Lent if you want to, but no one can convince me that dropping lbs in the name of Jesus is wrong. Nope, can't do it.

I'm going to commit to working out three times a week, every week, regardless of travel or other commitments.

If, I'm not seeing results by April 1, I will increase it to 4 times a week (which is just torturous for a busy person like myself), but it's on the blog, therefore it is true.

Anyone want to drop 10 lbs with me? Thummyb and Antithesis are already on board. We need more fitness buddies, virtual or otherwise, let me know.

7 comments:

antithesis said...

so here's what im doing. i cut out bread. not getting cupcakes alone should shave off 5 lbs. im just saying. i've been working out at minimum 3x a week but i need to do more since my sessions are 20-30 and i count MJ on wii. i need to read all these issues of fitness magazine for more tips and tricks.

South Loop Social Light said...

I'm on board for this. I'm about 155lb now and my "flat stomach weight" is 145 lb lol... anything less than that and I start losing in my boobs and butt. I'm actually happy overall with my shape right now but I'd like to tone up and drop these extra lbs which I feel I'm carrying in my face (not the business). I like to call this "operation save my face" lol...

I snagged a great deal on a 4-week bootcamp so that will provide me with 3 - 1 hr sessions each week which will be fantastic. My goal is to be good by mid April.

Jenna Marie Christian said...

Count me in to drop the drop 10 lbs Challenge..i am now 144.6...but i'd like to get to 135 and hope and pray that that will be my flat tummy weight...

i'm gonna hvae to kick my working out up a notch..the holidays and new year threw a sista all off and i got right back in to my lazy mode...but summer is near and i got to be able to fit into some cute dresses...

b.goody said...

You know I'm lazy, so I'm out. I just wanted to comment on you saying you looked like spongebob- all square everything. I literally laughed out loud! You're silly.

QUE.PK.iDD said...

I just want to say that all of you make me feel fat! LMBO I'm currently about 175 and Im fine with my weight as long as it fits in my size 12 jeans. When I lost my college weight, I got down to about 140 (size 8) and that was too small for me. My flat stomach weight is 150 and my schedule doesn't allow for me to work out, but I can dance these pounds off so I'm gonna shoot for the 10 with ya.

QUE.PK.iDD said...

Before I posted this, I hadn't stepped on a scale in about 3-4 weeks. I just weighed myself and I'm 165. Not sure how much of that has been lost since I've been fasting but anywho, I'm now encouraged to target my flat belly 150

nerdgirlms said...

I'm late, but I'm in! I need to drop 15 or 20 and have had a hard time motivating myself to do anything about it.

Baby steps: Back to taking the stairs, no elevators. I'm shopping the perimeter of the grocery store. And I'm going to work out at least 3x a week.