Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Speed Dating: Continued

...some fellas and plenty more ladies walked through the door and another woman who wasn't a lunatic sat at a table near mine. Things were looking up. I was about halfway into my drink when I realized it was about 5 minutes past the 7:45 p.m. start time.

The host announced that since some of the men were running late that she'd just have them fill in when they got there and if there was a man we wanted to meet that we didn't get a one-one-one with that we could talk to him during the break. And so it began:

Bachelor #1: My first impression of him phyisically was "eh." He was a white guy, balding in weird places and the way he wore his wool overcoat made him look short. He wasn't short, but the coat overpowered his small frame. I found out he's from a city in the midwest that I've visited (which immediately gave him cool points. For reasons we don't need to go into, I prefer men from the midwest). He had a lucrative job, was familiar with the suburb I grew up in and had great conversation skills.

Bachelor #2: So the switch seats bell rang rather suddenly and Bacholor #1 was off and Bachelor #2 was in front of me. He was tall and Indian and had a sturdier frame than bachelor #2, but he wasn't attractive in the face to me. As we talked, I found out he was a doctor, well-traveled, from New York this was his 3rd go-round at speed dating and he said there are different people every time. His conversation skills were good, so I was staring at him trying to figure out if I could drum up any bit of sexual energy towards him. I couldn't... on to the next one.

Bachelor #3: He was Indian as well. He wasn't as tall, but still taller than me. He wasn't ugly, but I wasn't feeling anything about him. I'm pretty sure he's from Skokie, he works in an industry I don't understand and he's a grad student. After hearing grad student everything else I head sounding like "womp, womp, womp," so that's all I have to say about him.

Tune in tomorrow for the finale...

No comments: