- South Loop Social Light and Product Junkie Diva said: "Close your credit cards, so you'll stop using them." I didn't close them, but I did stop using them, which is so awesome!
- K to the said: "Get direct deposit into your savings" - This worked well and I'm going to increase the amount in 2011.
- Scott said: "Set aside a daily income (spending cash, if you will), so you don't have to dip into your savings for that money" - I did this a bit. I am going to really do it more in 2011. Cash only!
- B said: "Consider giving yourself a cash allowance" - While I don't necessarily put cash into an envelope for the week, I have been on a cash-only diet and it's working well.
- Well Heeled said: "look into direct deposit for student loans because it may lower interest payments up to .25%." - I switched my Federal Loans to Direct Deposit because the benefit is automatic.
Sallie Mae (Private loans): My interest will decrease by .35% after 24 direct deposit payments (so two years from now). Should I do it for lower rates in 2013?
What do you all think? Direct deposit for Sallie Mae or no?