Monday, January 17, 2011

To Celebrate or Not to Celebrate

I just got a promotion at the gig. YAY me! Question of the day is: How shall I celebrate?

A) Throw a happy hour (so friends and family and select coworkers can celebrate too)
2) Have a spa day
3) Take a trip
4) Treat myself to a really nice dinner
5) Treat myself to a really nice purchase
6) Do nothing and instead, make it rain on these credit cards

I can't pick. Usually when I can't pick I do all (which would be dumb expensive) or nothing (which would take away from this awesome accomplishment).

Help a sister out!

5 comments:

KindredSmile said...

Take a trip, definitely.

antithesis said...

i have two choices:

1. spa day- new/more responsibilities = new/more stress. keep the stress monsters at bay. even if you arent stressed, there is a such thing as "good stress" and changes like a promotion bring that about. see how ur "stressed" about how to even acknowledge the accomplishment? exhale.

2. happy hour- this is a less "all about me" alternative where your friends get to share in the good news and offer up cheers and well wishes to you. if you want to be inclusive of others, this is the way to go. plus, there's alcohol.

why dont u go to the spa on one of ur days off next week and meet up with friend for drinks after?

South Loop Social Light said...

Depends on how much you want to spend... it sounds like each of those things is a different price range so determine your budget then pick!

nerdgirlms said...

Congratulations! If it were me, I'd opt for the spa day. I think you should throw a happy hour.

Product Junkie Diva said...

CONGRATS T
Ok I shouldn't help with this decision because my first thought was spa, dinner and then an evening with family and friends. That basically covered three of your 6 options. I think you certainly need to just enjoy a little time for yourself to reflect on your accomplishments then party it up with your peeps!
Congrats again...
pjd