Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Skiing & Such

So my job is thebomb.com. They have a program where you can apply to win a $1,000 grant and five EXTRA days off work to do something to enrich/enhance your life. I applied to learn how to ski and WON!!! Woot Woot!

So anywho, I'm having the hardest time figuring out where to go skiing. So let's take a poll, shall we?

Option 1: Go on a pre-planned trip with my friends to Wisconsin over MLK holiday. (Pro: My friends are already going. Con: This timing conflicts with events that I need to oversee at work.)

Option 2: Go visit a friend in Lake Tahoe who gets ski discounts AND offered me and a guest a place to stay (Pros: Free lodging and I get to visit my friend. Cons: I've yet to find a guest.)

Option 3: Go visit a friend in Maine. (Pros: I get to visit a friend, possible free lodging. Cons: I have to do a lot of research on where's cool to ski in Maine that's close to where she lives.)

Option 4: Go to black Ski week in Colorado. (Pros: there will be tons of people there. Cons: It's likely more expensive than any of my other options and I've yet to find a second person to go with me)

See it's not the most difficult decision I've ever made in my life, but I'd appreciate your thoughts and feedback as to what you think I should do.

5 comments:

antithesis said...

i'd do option 2. im SURE u could find someone to go with u if that's absolutely necessary. might not be ur favorite person but yea.

South Loop Social Light said...

I vote for Option 2. Black Ski weeks can be fun, but as someone that LOVES skiing I can do without all the comedy shows, etc that they cram the week with to entertain folks that just want to be seen (and not ski). You can easily find someone that will hit the slopes with you and just starting to learn you don't want to be overwhelmed by too much. I'm happy to hear you won and hope you have a great time on your trip, whichever option you choose.

nerdgirlms said...

I'm rolling with option 2 as well. Seems like a win-win.

They ski in Wisconsin? Slopes?

Congrats on your win!

Kismet said...

Dayum. No option 3 votes?

Lake Tahoe does sound like it'd be a great time + ski discounts = I affirm you. Find you a boo and get cuddly under the blankets. With hot cocoa.

I will vote for Option 4. Black Ski Week. Because I can't wait to read the posts/get the phone calls on the foolishness that ensues....

Elizabeth said...

No brainer! Come see me in Tahoe lady.