Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I WANT IT ALL!!!

Why is it when I have a pocket full of money I don't want anything. But when my account is overdrawn (don't judge me) I want everything in site.

I'm talking hot cocoa in the summer, gelato in the winter. I want sandwiches and soups and anything edible and cards for next Christmas (because they're on sale) and pretty much anything you can buy... because I don't have any money.

Does anyone else suffer from this problem? This is why I basically just stop going places and sleep a lot when I don't have any money in the bank. It's sad and ridiculous.

2 comments:

antithesis said...

happens all the time. im like "now what was it that i wanted when i was broke?" i always know i didnt need it b/c i only remember when i dont have the money for it. the true test is if i still want it when i have the funds/means. i sometimes keep a wishlist in my blackberry. and i really hate it when i see the thing ive been wanting a long time when im broke and then i get the money and i know for sure that i want it and cant find the bitch anywhere. that thing right now is brown boots.

QUE.PK.iDD said...

"Happens to me all the time" (thinking of that insurance commercial)

I just checked my acct balance this morn and realized I've only paid ONE bill since I got paid a wk ago and haven't had the urge or desire to spend any additional money. If I can just stay on this track one more week, I might actually feel rich come next pay day. LOL.

Here's a plan that I made and have yet to stick to it: Make a list of everything I want to buy in a 2 week period. Separate the things that are not absolutely necessary to have within the next 2 wks, calculate how much those non-necessities are, and put that money in savings. Wish me luck.