Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Spoiled!!!

Ok, so I just realized I was spoiled. Actually, this is a lie, I knew I was spoiled. What I didn't realize is that everyone else is NOT spoiled.

I was watching Millionaire Matchmaker and this millionairess from NYC had a laundry list of stuff she wanted and didn't want. The guy should

- Look like George Clooney
- Not be from Staten Island
- Have a degree
- Have sense

I mean this stuff sounded about right to me. She has standards, I didn't see anything wrong with. Later in the show it was revealed that she lacked substance and personality and THAT'S why she's single, not because she's "stuck-up" as Patti Stanger called her.

But anyone could see that she's spoiled. She knows what she wants and she gets what she wants. I don't see anything wrong with that, but appparently, people wake up every day of their lives and don't get what they want. It's beyond my comprehension. If you're not getting what you want, why not go out and get it. Or make it happen. Are these concepts just foreign for people? I don't believe in being miserable. I mean, for what? For who?

I imagine that my friends have the same type of go for what you want type of attitude which usually results in happiness, if not continued contentment. But everyone else acts like being candid and direct about what you want is some kind of sin against humanity. I just don't get it.

This post is pointless. I just wanted to share something that came across my mind.

3 comments:

nerdgirlms said...

Really, this post was not pointless. It was exactly what I needed to read today. Now excuse me while I go seize the day and grab a bull by its horns!

South Loop Social Light said...

Random - - but I've been working from home for the last year for a company I've been with for 2 years. Just woke up this morning to find out that they're bringing the position back in-house... in Chicago.... miles away from where my husband and I are stationed in SC. Your post rings true to me b/c I find myself in the media/publishing/journalism industry and in a city that is beyond slim pickings... In your words:

"If you're not getting what you want, why not go out and get it. Or make it happen."

I plan on putting my game face on, thinking cap tighter and entering grind mode!!

QUE.PK.iDD said...

"spoiled" is a matter of opinion. Based on what you've said, you are not spoiled. You're just a go-getter. Sounds like the millionaire knows what she wants and won't settle for less (although she may not get it with out substance and personality).

Me? I tell people all the time, I'm not spoiled. I'm just well-loved.