I've gone to weddings alone. I do a lot of stuff alone (dinner, movies, social events. I'm comfortable with me.) So here are Tea's Tips for rolling solo dolo to a wedding.
- Grill the bride before the wedding about who else will be there rolling solo, so you'll have a plan for who to hang with (and so you don't mistakenly approach one of the bridesmaid's sigfig. That would be bad)
- Find out if any of your other friends are going solo and plan to hang with them
- Be flirty with women and men at the wedding, so you can make friends at the reception
- Dance your ass off whether you find a date or not. It's a celebration, bithches!!!
- Wear an empire waist dress. You don't want to have to tell people you don't know how you can't eat because your dress is too tight. You will seem weird and lonely.
- Eat well. A full tummy is a happy tummy and the couple you love paid good money for you to do so.
Don't - Sulk, you're the only one who knows or cares that you're at the wedding by yourself
- Be on the prowl. Think friendly, not hoe-y. It's a safety issue, not a moral issue.
- Get TOO drunk. Who's going to take your solo ass home? The groomsmen are never, I repeat NEVER on antyhing at weddings. That's not what you want.
- Mean mug. You attract more bees with honey. You basically want a smile plastered on your face at all times so people will want to be around you.
- Keep making reference to how alone/single/by yourself you are. That's not hot.
- Stalk cliques. If you try to infiltrate a clique and it's not working move #ontothenextone
Who else has tips for going to a wedding alone?