Friday, November 5, 2010

Cry It Out

Today, [read: the day I wrote this] I just want to cry. Not because I feel like I can't handle things, although I am overwhelmed. I feel like crying would be the right thing to do to have an outward expression of my inward feelings and I feel like if I do it because I feel like doing it, I'd be better off than if I did it because I couldn't handle things.

Am I making any sense. I don't want to burst out in tears in a meeting or in yoga class or walking down the street, or God forbid, on the CTA.

So I might just close my office door, cry. Say woosah, and then get back to work.

That's normal and sane, right? Antithesis, you study crazies. Am I nuts?

3 comments:

antithesis said...

u want my mental health professional answer or my friend answer? i'll give both:

mhp: what's crazy about crying? OR do you think you're crazy?

friend: i dont like to call people crazy. i prefer the term "mentally hilarious".

T said...

mhp answer: I know crying isn't crazy. I'm not convinced that I'm not crazy, but want I want to know is if YOU think it's crazy to know and recognize that I need to cry, do it, and get back to work. I mean, do other people do that?

South Loop Social Light said...

I'm an emotional person and some days it's nice to just have a good cry, get those feelings out and keep on moving.