Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Need a Key Message: Friends First

We all know that friends are better lovers. (The breakups are worst too, but that's neither here nor there). The point is you want to be friends with your significant other, because there's nothing worst than sleeping with someone nightly who you don't really give two damns about (or so I've heard).

So you meet a person, you're attracted to said person, you want to be "friends first," to ensure the success of what may bloom to be a successful romantic relationship, but you don't want to get stuck in the "friend zone" either. Tricky. Tricky.

So to my intelligent, accomplished, eloquent readers, today's question of the day is: How do you communicate the following to a person without sounding bat shit crazy "I'd like to be 'friends first' but I have no intention of being in the 'friend zone.'"

Follow up QOTD include: Has anyone ever heard anyone say this and did it go over well?

2 comments:

Luvvie said...

Good question.

*strokes chin*

QUE.PK.iDD said...

Super late on this one, but I have never had this problem. My problem has always been getting guys to understand that they are def'ly cemented in the friends zone. As of lately, that seems to go in one ear and out the other.

But my suggestion (to answer your question), would be to date without holding hands, kissing, or cuddling. If you still wanna be with this person after spending time without physical intimacy, THEN you can move into the "more than friends" stage. But you can't effectively be "more than friends" if you don't establish the friendship.