Friday, October 15, 2010

Big Womp

Ok, so the Essence Summer Dating Challenged FAILED. No one gave up, but my nearest and dearest are at an impasse because I have standards, they have standards and dating often is not as easy as I make it look. *Jay-Z voice* I make this look too easy.

Mom - "I'm going to give myself until the end of the fall to find you a date due to natural disaster. (The floods in the 'burbs)

@thummyb - "I honestly just don't know who to hook you up with. Maybe you should just start coming out with me and my boyfriend. We see eligible guys all the time, but they're not the type of guys that would go on a blind date."

Coworker - "I'm so glad you just came into to tell me about *insert new bootential name* because I have no updates for you."

So my people didn't give up. They put their best foot forward... it just didn't happen. Still thanks to Essence for giving me a solid week of posts on the misfits. I also added spice to the lives of my friends and family (you know this ish is funny).

1 comment:

antithesis said...

glad to know that folks tried!