Tuesday, September 21, 2010

18 - Your Favorite Birthday

My favorite bday was 25. I'm a year younger than most people who started high school and college with me, so when I turned 25 most of my homies were turning 26. To say that Miami, New York, Vegas, LA and D.C. had already been "done" to bring in 25 is a gross understatement. They had been destroyed, broken, killed, murked, whatever you want to call it.

So I decided for my big 2-5 I'd do it a different way. I'd take a chill trip. So I rented a house in Phoenix, invited a whole heap of chics and put together a chill itinerary. The house was so ballin' we could have just did that (5 BRs, 3 baths, pool table, outdoor bar, pool, jacuzzi, master bedroom terrace, outdoor and indoor dining... it was nice).

But we went wine tasting, horseback riding, had a spa day and because I'm Tea, we hit the wack Phoenix club scene two out of the four nights we were there. We also did a birthday dinner for me and my birthday twin at a steakhouse. The trip was so nice because I had a squad of pretty, succesful, like-minded women with me (we took about a million photos and not one person complained EVER). We also had wine with every meal (pancakes and Gew├╝rztraminer... yessir!)

So I did the trip the week leading up to my birthday and then on my actual birthday I had drinks with like 20 people at Martini Park, moved to Tantrum from there and then Buddy Guy's Legends after that... It was a Monday.

I just remember this birthday being stress-free, drama-free and full of good times and good people both in Phoenix and the Chi. It was like my first woosah birthday as I entered into lower insurance rate territory. We'll have to make sure 30 goes as hard (or in this case, as soft).

No comments: