Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's Happening To Me?

Ok, can I have a real moment with y'all right quick?

One day I woke up and was scared to be myself. Either because showing too much of me proved detrimental or because I didn't like who I was. I don't know what day it was, but this unsurity kept coming up and so slowly, but surely I started to be someone else. I think she is better than who I used to be, but the problem is now I don't know who I am. And I don't know who I introduced you to.

And I've heard SO many voices, trusted and otherwise about who I should be and I don't know which ones I listened to while working on who I want to be. Like did any bullshit slip into me (#waitwhat)? And now there's a public record on Tea & Such, on Twitter and on Facebook of who I used to be and I can't seem to convince anyone but the mirror of who I actually am right now.

Fortunately for me, I've always loved the mirror.

So excuse my emo breakdown via blog and let's eToast to the positive changes in my life and people who'll still be here during and after my transformation. And hell, a toast to those who won't. Each person I encounter has a unique purpose if my life. Yeah, let's toast to that.

3 comments:

b.goody said...

Once we realize that our vulnerability makes us stronger, the better people we become. I really like this post...

antithesis said...

idk what ur talking about but um, pour me a glass!

Kay* said...

i'm all for personal transformations! if you should decide that you want to go away to to go on a journey to find yourself come join me in india ;) or just visit. we can go meditate with a yoga guru or something....lol.