Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What About His Brother?

So in case you hadn't noticed, I leave no stone unturned in my search to date new guys. Match.com, currently doing the Essence summer blind date challenge, I'll date guys I meet... pretty much anywhere. It's not a game out here. I only need one, so I figure the wider my net is cast (#waitwhat) the more will come back to me.

So every time I hear about a woman with a phenomenal husband (My hubby does all the cooking, my hubby plans surprise trips for us, my hubby knows I've been through a lot and he's extremely patient with me and my XX issues.)

Every time, I go "Does he have a brother" and EVERY time she responds. Yeah, but you don't want him. So if there's a family with two fellas one with be the catch the other will be the dog.

So I've got a new tactic. (Oh yes, I employ dating tactics.) If and when I encounter a dog, I'm going to ask if he has a brother. There's a 50/50 chance his brother is the one for me.

If you have a husband already and you are reading this I encourage you, in fact, I think it is your DUTY to help a sister out. :-)

2 comments:

antithesis said...

hahaha! my married friend was like "but my cousin is here. i think yall would hit it off." that boy was never interested. made me no difference b/c didnt want him but yea, the family member thing doesnt seem to work out for me either.

in other news, what's with all the attention im getting? now i cant walk home from the bus stop. my neighbor's friend got my number....

K to the... said...

lol @ "If and when I encounter a dog, I'm going to ask if he has a brother. There's a 50/50 chance his brother is the one for me.
"

Loves it!