Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ministry of Music

I grew up in a traditional, conservative Baptist church. They taught that preaching is a gift, but music is a talent. At some point they started calling it the "Ministry of Music," but I figured that was a good way to make it seem like all the entertainment that was happening was *preacher voice* OF GAWD. LOL!

I personally believe music is a way to praise God, ministry or not. Thank goodness for the read the bible in a year program. (Which by the way I am SO behind on. Lauren, don't you want to mail me those bookmarks, so I can catch up).

Anywho, I came across 1 Chronicles 6:32 and thought I'd share.

"And they ministered before the dwelling place of the tabernacle of the congregation with singing, until Solomon had built the house of the LORD in Jerusalem: and then they waited on their office according to their order."

What's that you say Bible, they MINISTERED with singing? With music?

*Diddy voice* Take that! Take that!

Man, I wish I could have found this scripture when I was a teen in the choir and they were telling us we couldn't have a service with no preaching.

People get on my nerves making up stuff talking about it's what the bible says. Thanks God for my own understanding. Amen!

No comments: