Friday, July 2, 2010

Welcome Q3!!! (Part 2)

What I learned continued

3. I did a such a good decent job with my money in Q2. In putting these posts together and being candid with you all about my money woes I realized that even though I am not saving as much as I would like to I am also NOT using my credit cards (or using them only in emergencies and paying the money RIGHT back). I am not dependent on credit cards!!! Isn't that phenomenal?!?!?!? Aren't you all happy for me?

Listen, I know some of you are perfect little money stewards and have not been, are not now or never will be dependent on credit cards *eyeroll*, but that's just not my story, ok? I now understand, know and appreciate the value of using cash and to that end...

4. I am SO blessed to be able to use cash for everything I need and the majority of the things I want. Even though my credit card usage has decreased significantly from say five years ago, my lifestyle has not changed. Yes, I skip a few party weekends here and there and have said no to more than one trip this year *sigh*, but we are smack dab in the MIDDLE of a recession and I am still able to travel, pay all my bills on time every month, buy gifts, pay tithes and eat three meals a day, ERR'day.

AND *drumroll please* your girl got a raise in June!!! God is really doing his thing with my bank account.

In getting down on myself about not saving what I budgeted to save I almost missed this new healthy behavior I've acquired (not relying on CCs) and almost forgot to thank God for it. Let me quit playing...

Thank you Lord: you are doing a mighty work in my life through my finances and preparing me with the emotional muscle I need to make sacrifices should I ever have to again. Please also prepare my husband with financial acumen and a giving spirit so that our household finances will be run according to your will. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

^^^See what I did there. I already claimed a husband, but I'm not putting any time limits on God. He will reveal him when I'm ready. I just need to work on T. Excuse me while I continue to do that.^^^

2 comments:

Soapbox Cormack said...

save your raise, T! You weren't living off of it before, so save it. Slide it in the sock before you even notice its gone.

T said...

@Soapbox Cormack, I love how you come in for a limited time and drop k-now-ledge. I'm going to do my best to save my raise. I honestly (and unfortunately) hadn't even thought of that. I was planning my next trip. LOL!