- Don't sign the lease if you don't love it. If it's the right place, you'll know.
- Learn when to stop looking. If you see something you love and then keep looking at other places, you'll never be satisfied (and someone else might snatch up your perfect place).
- As you find things in your price range, really analyze what you want or don't want and adjust accordingly. (i.e. I thought size and closet space were the most important things to me, but an updated kitchen actually is)
- Read the fine print on leases and deals from property management companies.
- Go early - I missed out on a couple of apts because I started my search at 11 a.m. instead of 9 a.m. Womp.
Do you all have any apartment searching tips? Or better yet any moving tips for me, since I'll be doing that this weekend?