Friday, July 16, 2010

Tea's Apartment Searching Tips

When you haven't been apartment shopping in a while, you forget some important details. So if you're in the market right now, here are some of my tips.


      • Don't sign the lease if you don't love it. If it's the right place, you'll know.

      • Learn when to stop looking. If you see something you love and then keep looking at other places, you'll never be satisfied (and someone else might snatch up your perfect place).

      • As you find things in your price range, really analyze what you want or don't want and adjust accordingly. (i.e. I thought size and closet space were the most important things to me, but an updated kitchen actually is)

      • Read the fine print on leases and deals from property management companies.

      • Go early - I missed out on a couple of apts because I started my search at 11 a.m. instead of 9 a.m. Womp.

      Do you all have any apartment searching tips? Or better yet any moving tips for me, since I'll be doing that this weekend?

      1 comment:

      KindredSmile said...

      Moving tip: Pack everything you need for the first week separately, so you're not living out of bags and boxes. Also, take a couple of days and do as much as possible right away so that it doesn't become this huge, intimidating Thing.