Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Book of the Week: Live Your Joy


Bonnie St. John is an Olympic winning skier. She's black and she's disabled, she's a mother and she's phenomenal. She came to talk to my company at the beginning of the year. (Yeah, we get motivational speakers at the gig... #DontHate)

Anywho, I would have never bought her book sitting on the shelf. Fortunately for me, they gave us each a free copy after her presentation. (Yes, they give us free books at the gig... #StopHatingAndSendMeAresumé LOL!)

It was a practical account of her ways to find joy in almost everything. How to get to a joyful place during less than joyful times and where to pull joy from when everything seems bleak. I really enjoyed it and as a bonus there's an excerpt from another book, How Strong Women Pray in the Appendix.

Read it. Let me know what you think.

No comments: