Basics stats for those of you that
- It's located about 45 minutes west of Chicago in Yorkvile (here).
- It costs $26.99 for anyone over 48 inches. $18.99 for the shorties and they have special rates if you come after 3 p.m.
- I suggest going when it's blazing hot to have the best experience
- See my pics below via Picasa. I'm new at it, don't laugh at me
- Question of the Day: What's your favorite childhood family vacation memory?
Now... without further ado here's Tea's Top 10 reasons to visit Raging Waves this summer:
10. Opening this park is the realization of a lifelong dream of the owner to do something fun and positive to bring families together. So many of us are trying to find our purpose AND a career that speaks to that purpose to help impact the world. Finding someone who has realized his or hers makes me want to support the business even more.
9. It's affordable, free for kids under 2, cheap eats, and you can even bring a lunch and eat it at special tables outside of the park (if you want to be even more frugal).
8. They pride themselves on having GOOD food at affordable prices. Actually, the only other place you can get their hotdogs is Wrigley Field. (**Sox fans, don't leave, LOL!**) Most items are $4.99 or less minus the icky Chicago city taxes. (**Diddy voice** take that! take that!)
7. You can be entertained however you like! There's a wave pool, countless slides, kid areas, little kid areas, a wave pool, sandy areas, grassy areas and most importantly beach chairs (to lay out, my favorite) are EVERYwhere. So to all the hip moms and aunties, you won't be bored, trust me.
Side note: This is so fickle, but their beach chairs are fye. You know when you sit on the front of a cheap beach chair and the whole thing falls over? Theirs don't do that.
6. They are ALL about safety. I'm pretty sure I saw more lifeguards than trashcans (and you know it's a whole HEAP of trashcans at an amusement park)
5. You can "ball out" if you so choose. If you don't want to be bothered with the masses, buy a private cabana for $75, seats up to 10 and comes complete with waitstaff service. Oh yes, you can get it in Vegas or LA style... in Yorkville.
4. It's clean... like spotless. I shouldn't even need to elaborate here.
3. They listen. Since opening in 2008, they got feedback from guests saying they want a place to buy just drinks (so guests won't have to stand in line behind the funnel cake peeps just for water). SO... they implemented a stand for... wait for it... just drinks. LOL!
2. They have funnel cakes. (This should have been the whole post right here. I love sweets!!!)
1. The staff is super nice. Like genuinely nice people who were raised in wholesome families work there. LOL! Everyone we walked by smiled or waved at us. You all KNOW how I feel about good customer service. Can't beat it with a stick.