Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ma'am? Ma'am?

I love the receptionist at my dentist office. We'll call her Ms. Green. She is extremely professional (calls everyone Ms. and Mr.), but when her boss (the dentist) is out, she is always VERY down to Earth. She's always showing me pics of her grandbabies and whatnot and, most importantly, she KNOWS I travel a ton and work like a crazy person, so she calls to remind me that I have an appointment.

She calls me with such notice, that I rarely, if ever, write down when I have a dentist appointment because I know she'll call me. It's one less thing for me to have to do.

Well, in February... maybe March, I missed a follow-up dentist appointment. Ms. Green did not call me. It is now June and it's time for my second cleaning of the year. I call and someone who introduced herself by first name answered the phone, we'll call her Kate.

I politely asked Kate if Ms. Green still worked there and do you know what Kate said: "No she's been out for some time now on leave. She has some family issues that she's attending to."

Ma'am? Ma'am? Ms. Green's family issues are none of my business and they're not YOUR business to tell me. Can you just say she's on leave and leave it at that. DANG!

Needless to say I have a dentist appointment coming up that I INKED in my calendar since I won't get a reminder call and I'm missing Ms. Green.

No comments: