Wednesday, June 23, 2010

In Defense of Ugly

Ok, not really, but Big Mike (well, he's schmedium sized Mike now, but that's neither here nor there).

Big Mike said that if you put 20 women and 5 men in a room. 2 fine men, 2 regular dudes and one butt-ugly, then ask the 20 women to pick their top 2 choices, the butt-ugly dude would never get chosen.

I mean I understand where he's coming from, but SO many times butt-ugly dudes have other stuff going for them. They're funny, rich, caring, connected, happen to live in your building or some other characteristic that turns a Jay-Z looking dude into Will Smith or Flava Flav into Idris Elba.

I KNOW I'm not the only one who sees gorgeous women with cartoon character looking dudes (and vice versa). You can't convince me that there is an amount of ugly on the planet that would preclude someone from finding love. An amount of jerk may hamper his success, perhaps. But I see so many examples of ugly working for people that I just can't believe that with all the eligible women (I'm talking numbers, not quality) that every man on the face of the planet who WANTS to be in a relationship isn't.

I'm sorry, but if you have a penis, it doesn't matter what your face looks like in today's society. You are already winning.

What do you all think? Am I wrong. Is this post misogynistic? Is there a level of ugly that no man can come back from?

Enlighten a sister.

4 comments:

antithesis said...

some ppl are ugly inside and out. they have a complex from being called ugly all their lives and being rejected. no, i cant prove that; just speculating. if a dude is tolerably unattractive, i give him a chance. more often than not, im having the following conversation with my girl early on: "he's not attractive enough to talk to me/treat me like that". not that i'd let a cute dude get away w/ the bullshit, i just tend to let them do it a little longer than an ugly duckling.

btw, my sis' hubby is no super model but he acts right (or acted right during courtship)...

ThummyB said...

I think a woman only chooses an ugly guy...A. if she has no other choices, or B. if she gets to learn about those other redeeming qualities BEFORE she has to make a decision on dating (i.e. if she they are friends/co-workers instead of meeting at a bar/party).

In the scenario that you 1st presented from your discussion with Mike, the women have 4 other choices. Only after all 4 are taken will a woman pick the last resort guy...again, unless she gets to know that he is kind/funny/rich/etc before she makes her pick.

Product Junkie Diva said...

I agree with Antithesis that some people are ugly in and out. If more women were like me then nope the ugly guys wouldn't have a chance- sounds mean right? I can't help it, its just something that happens in my stomach when I see a face that is unattractive. He can have a great personality but if that face is a monster my lunch automatically wants to come up...
I think there are cute guys or even ok guys with great personalities so why overlook them to speak to an ugg mug?? Ok that was mean I'm going to sit in a corner now...lol
PJD

The Real Housewife of Cook County said...

All I have to say is that you are hilarious! Point Blank. PERIOD!