Thursday, June 17, 2010

Allergies

Allergies suck. I have mild allergies, so most of the time I don't even recognize them. I'm just like oh, I'm having a sneeze attack every morning, no big.

Also according to something I read or heard (you like my accuracy dontcha?), this allergy season has more pollen than usual all over the country. Like I said... sucks!

Tea's here to help. For pointers on how to survice allergy season, read these ALL 10 tips from experts at Consumer Reports here. While their list is actually helpful, for YOUR reading pleasure (and in good fun), I've added commentary as to why 5 of the tips are stupid. Enjoy!

1. Try to stay indoors during peak pollen times, between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. (Nevermind the money you need to make at your job) If you can’t, it might help to wear sunglasses outdoors to block some of the pollen from getting into your eyes. (They should have just said this and erase the stay indoors part. DOH!)

3. Keep outdoor activities to a minimum when the pollen count is high. If you can, have someone else mow the lawn and wash the car. (e.g. continue to be fat, sit on the couch and watch TV and pay someone to do your housework in the middle of a recession.)

4. Keep a diary to help track when and where your allergy symptoms occur. Then take steps to limit your exposure. (I did this. I sneeze like hell everytime I sit down at my desk at work. Again, consumer reports is trying to eff with my money.)

8. Take a vacation away from ragweed. If you live in Eastern states or the Midwest, it may be a good time for you to take some time off and get some relief by going out West. Rocky Mountains, anyone? (Vacation? Can you go look recession up in the dictionary. You are constantly missing the point.)

9. Keep your windows closed at night to keep the pollen count down. If possible, use air conditioning, which cleans, cools, and dries the air. (Ok so, I can't go outside, can't go to work, can't afford a vacation and now I have to stay in the house, with the A/C on driving up my bills? This is a list for rich people with allergies. What about the rest of us!?!?!?!)

This post brought to you by b.goody.

No comments: