Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In Search of Gum

Ok, this Sunday morning I wasted time like never before. I don't really understand, but let's try, shall we.

8 a.m. - Wake up, need to leave by 9 to get to New Covenant by 10
8:?? - Check e-mail, get reminder to make donation to a friend's walk for Cancer
8:?? - Remember I need to put other transactions in my checkbook
8:?? - Eat, Read my bible
9:00 a.m. - Remember I was supposed to be leaving at this time. Decide to go to 11:30 a.m. service at AFC instead
9:?? - Shower, get dressed
10:30 a.m. - Start trying to flatiron my hair
11:00 a.m - I have no idea what I was doing
11:15 a.m. - Made it to the bus stop
11:30 a.m. - Bus actually comes
noon - Get downtown. Determine that my breath is tart and I need gum
??:?? - walk around the loop looking for a Chase to get cash (Side note: the loop is pretty dead on the weekends and I should have gotten off on Michigan Avenue, but I didn't realize I didn't have any gum or mints until I got to the loop)
??:?? - walk around the loop looking for an open Walgreens or CVS that's not on State Street or Michigan Avenue. Ending up walking from LaSalle to Michigan for friggin' gum.
12:30 p.m. decide it's too late to go to AFC. I'm going to get to New Covenant early
1:00 p.m. Get to the UIC Forum where New Covenant usually has church. It's graduation day. They're not having church at the UIC Forum.

I successfully missed every possible opportunity to go to church. It's ok though. Jesus still loves me.

The rest of the day was Sunday lazy as it should be, but if you ever want to know how to effectively waste time, refer to this post.

No comments: