Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Today [read: the day I wrote this post] I had the day off and I cleaned my tush off. Wait that didn't sound right. I clean my tush daily. The point is I worked up a sweat cleaning my crib. My poor little studio was so dusty. Literally dusty.

I did some spring cleaning research to see where this notion came from and the jury is out. Here are some possible origins.

I also threw a lot of stuff away. Every time I deep clean, I have bags of trash, bags for the salvation army and bags for the cleaners. I left out of the house looking like the bag lady for real, but I came home with nothing but my purse.

I get the same joy from throwing things away as I do buying new things. Sort of how I get the same joy of purchasing clothes as I do purging my closet or returning an item. To me, it's the same action - bringing balance to my closet, my home... and ultimately my life.

I don't have a heartwarming story about how we should go through the same cleaning process with our minds, our bodies and our hearts, but um, yeah, do that too. LOL!

Have you done any spring cleaning? Any plans to do so?

4 comments:

antithesis said...

i hold on to stuff (in more ways than one) because im so much like my other. i REALLY need to just throw some stuff away. i think i will do some sort of cleaning this month...

The Real Housewife of Cook County said...

I did a huge spring clean up. I got rid of soooo much from my closet. Mind u, the trash bags are still in my room. BUT it felt so good to clean up! We also cleaned the whole house and that tidiness lasted less than 2 days but it was nice while it lasted!

MSMILLA said...

I started mine on 4/1/10.I agree that throwing things out and re-purposing stuff is gratifying. At the end of the month, I am getting my carpet cleaning. It is much needed! I think that purging on a regular is the way to go. Removing the stuff that no long good for you or have no use: toxic friends,jobs, debt, and weight...it is necessary.

Have a happy Spring!

K to the... said...

"I don't have a heartwarming story about how we should go through the same cleaning process with our minds, our bodies and our hearts, but um, yeah, do that too. LOL!"

You are so deep! lol

I usually do my Spring/Fall cleaning when I switch out my closets. So my time will be coming soon.