Monday, April 12, 2010

Fitness Update

I usually write my posts ahead of time, so last Friday when I said my Lent weight loss was 5lbs, that wasn't true. I thought it was when I wrote it, but I skipped the gym all last week so some lbs creeped back. I'm just going to tell y'all my weight, because otherwise everything I'm about to write would be confusing.

Before Lent I was 140, at some point during Lent I got down to 134, then I held at 135 for a hot second. This Sunday when I went back to the gym I was 138 (after a week of not going to the gym) hiatus. Boo!

I'm going to make 135 my summer 2010 goal weight to get to (and maintain). The day I wrote this post I am down to 136. I HAVE been eating bread and I had a piece of pie on Easter. Oh, it was heavenly! Matter of fact, pardon me: Dear Lord, thank you for the oven and all of the delicious things that come out of it. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Back to the post: Post-Lent, I am very conscious of how much bread I eat and how it makes me feel. (Bloated) I've increased my cardio to combat the carbs I'm folding back into my diet. Instead of doing about 30 minutes, I now do about an hour EVERY DAY.

Big thanks to thummyb for texting me every week day morning when she gets to the gym. It really helps to have a fit friend to be your partner in the war on pudginess. I thank God for her!

1 comment:

antithesis said...

aww this post just made me feel fat. however since i have nothing to do b/c someone thought it was a good idea to schedule summer classes at 3:30 in the afternoon and thus making working a dumb idea, i'll be in the campus gym starting may 17 3 or 4 days a week. id kill to be anybody's 140 right now. not even gonna look at the scale...