Thursday, March 18, 2010

Paying Bills

It just occurred to me that I'm weird when it comes to paying bills. I don't pay them when they're due or past due, I pay them when I get paid.

I mean the same day I get paid. I wake up an hour early on pay day and pay all my bills. It just occurred to me that people don't pay bills with the vigor that I don't. But let's be for real, most people don't do ANYTHING with the vigor that I do.

I just feel SO blessed to be able to pay my bills right away, so I do. Also, money burns a hole in my pocket, so I have to pay bills upfront, lest I trick of money on hoodrat things with my friends.

So question of the day: How do you pay your bills? Right when you get paid? Do you wait until the last possible day to pay to keep the money in your account? Are you having hardships and paying every other month? I'm really curious.

4 comments:

Luvvie said...

I ALSO pay w/ vigor on the day I get paid. Then after a certain % is automatically transferred to my savings, I know the rest us for me to play with.

After my bills are paid, even if there's $50 left in my acct, I have peace of mind in knowing that I don't owe anybody $ for the next 30 days

South Loop Social Light said...

I always pay my bills when I get paid. When I'd get direct deposit I'd pay my bills first thing that morning. I always felt like a sham if I waited to pay bills after shopping or going out... it's like you can let the money sit in your account but at the end of the day it's already spent. I don't like looking at money that isn't available. I'm glad to see you do the same thing. It's a blessing to have the $ to pay bills...

PyT said...

When I get paid. I use bill pay through my online banking account. I set up the money to be posted on my pay date so I can never fool myself into believing I have more than I do. The only thing I don't pay on my pay date is rent.

K to the... said...

Gosh, I've been slacking with the reading. But I pay when I get paid. Bills are taken care of before anything else.