Monday, March 15, 2010

Lent Update

Ok, so like 2 days into Lent I completely failed and ate a sandwich on Focaccia bread. It was during a team meeting and when I see free food, I just eat it. I was on the last bite, like oh boy, that was bread wasn't it? I felt absolutely horrible about it, but I came up with a bit of a compromise.

Someone told me that you can have the things you're giving up on Lent on Sundays (probably from a specific time to another specific time). I was going to look it up and indulge in some sammiches on Sundays after church, but I decided since I made a mistake already that I'm going to go hard these next days until Easter.

Jesus sacrificed his life and was here without fault, so my faulty behind can sacrifice some bread.

The first 10 days or so, I lost 2.5 lbs from just the diet changes. So far, adding exercise, I've lost 6lbs. I wanted to tone, but the weight loss is unintentional. I'm not mad at it though. I see my 90s body trying to come back. I also see myself acting a plum fool with nothing but a sportsbra & leggings on at the gym if I even see the cusp of an ab.

What are you giving up (if anything) for Lent? How's it going?

No comments: