Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Avatar: The Good

I finally went to see Avatar. I wasn't as impressed with the reviews as everyone else seemed to be. I'm also a much more sensual person than visual, so even if the graphics were as sick as everyone claimed I didn't think it would really do anything for me.

My verdict is: I thought the movie was really good. The graphics were even sicker than I thought. I was visually stimulated much more than I expected. I definitely wanted to have sex when I left out of there.

Additionally, the message that the Earth is precious resonated SO well with me (you're reading the blog of the only Black girl to be an active menber of "Earth Doctors" in college. Oh yes, T is a tree hugger).

Also, some of the animals were beyond my wildest imagination. I'm would love to hear the animators talk about how they came up with some of the concepts. I want to know where they pulled their inspiration from.

But... because I'm not into Hollywood sweetheart movies I have to give my honest opinion of EVERYTHING else about the story line and since this is getting long, I'll give it in a Tea's Top 10 tomorrow.

3 comments:

antithesis said...

maybe i shouldnt have tried to watch the bootleg b/c i could not get into it. maybe it was the infant crying...

South Loop Social Light said...

I saw Avatar in 3D at IMAX and it was amazing!! The visual effects were mindblowing and it really felt as if you were there with the characters...

but I was surprised that the story wasn't that bad. My stepdad referred to it as the typical "cowboys vs indians" movie but it was still great.

T said...

@ South Loop Social Light I like Cowboys & Indians. That somes it up too.