Thursday, February 25, 2010

That's um... odd.

So my girl K to the does Cubicle Chronicles. I can't bite her steez, but look at this um... odd business that goes on at my work place.

1. There's a chic who puts her make-up on EVERY morning in the bathroom at work. Putting on make-up in the bathroom after work makes sense, but in the morning? As antithesis would say for why? Stay at home for 15 more minutes in the morning and get your life together.

2. We have a manicurist in every Monday. Her nasty ass pours pedicure water in the kitchen sink. Needless to say I wash my own dishes (instead of putting them in the dishwasher) because only God knows what they've been exposed to.

3. There's a chic at my gig who dresses like a lifesize doll. I'm not even exaggerating. You could probably find everything in her closet at American Girl. Not only is she not age-appropriate, but she looketh a mess daily. I don't even have any words. Everyone is always telling her how cute she is (I keep my comments to myself). What business does at 40+ woman have being cute? That's what I want to know...

4. I sent out a message that says "Here's my out of the office schedule for March and April." Today is February 25 and I swear to you someone replied "Are you in the office today?" I have no words for these people.

What goofiness have your co-workers been on as of late?

7 comments:

antithesis said...

ur right. i would say "for why?" i have the ability to do a 5 minute face. if u cannot, u need to quit life and start over. why carry ur cosmetic collection with u and risk breakage (which can easily happen)? she probably uses black radiance or fashion fair make up anyway ...

PyT said...

#1: That's just poor time management or she really feels that b/w her commute from home to the office, her make-up will get messed up. (Who is this?)

#2: Eew!

#3: Who is this?

#4: Reading is fundamental.

South Loop Social Light said...

I used to do my makeup at work all the time. Part poor time mgmt... well, maybe all poor time mgmt... but when you're relying on the bus or train staying @ home an extra 15 mins to do you makeup can throw off your commute by 30-45 mins. It's easy to say just wakeup 15 mins earlier but putting it into practice is actually easier said than done. Anywho... I work from home now so a commute is a thing of the past. lol... but yeah, doing your makeup at work isn't that strange.

South Loop Social Light said...

*to do YOUR

South Loop Social Light said...

@ Antithesis - I was able to carry just the essentials and no black radiance (whatever that is) over here. MAC gets the job done. Mascara, tinted moisturizer w/ spf, lip gloss, concealer and blush...

T said...

@ south loop social light. Dang, you think you left enough comments?

Girl, u OC for putting on your make-up at work and it's nothing you can say to convince me otherwise. I would be giving you the eSideeye too.

South Loop Social Light said...

What can I say? I have to stand up for those of us that procrastinate a bit, like extra sleep and don't want to miss our train/bus... so we just do make up at work here and there. Now it wasn't an everyday thing, but you know... it's better to be AT work and in the bathroom handling your business than strolling into work late with your "face on" lol...