Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Prayers for Haiti


Shockingly I didn't have a post scheduled for today. It's 1:55 a.m. as I'm writing this. I'm up from my nap to pack for New York and Dallas (back-to-back) trips for work. Just wanted to take a moment to say my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Haiti and when I get paid on the 15th my money will be with them as well.

Consider supporting the red cross or do some research to find out what other orgs already support Haiti. The people deserve as much as we spent on Katrina and the Tsunami. (When I say we, I mean out of our own pockets. We know the government gets to half-stepping when it comes to disasters with black people or poor people involved - of which Haiti is both).


2 comments:

South Loop Social Light said...

I'm on the West coast, but up watching the coverage on CNN now. It's a very sad situation. Makes you really realize how short life is and to value every moment.

antithesis said...

im w/ u on this. i feel bad b/c i already see them getting ignored but we've been hearing about that little boy who just got reunited w/ his dad since like may and balloon boy got all that coverage and dont get me started on jon and kate. how long will the news give a hell about haiti?