Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Land of the Lost

My life is full of funny stories and most of them are due to the fact that I forget things. When me & thummyb were roommates in college she noticed a pattern. So much so, that she told her boyfriend not to get to comfortable when I left because I'd be back 3 or 4 more times for stuff I forgot. This particular time, I came back in the house 3 times.

Anywho, I'm getting better. I make a note of where I put my keys and I have specific places for my bus card and anything else I use on a regular basis. Umbrellas, scarves, gloves, things that I don't use EVERY day are still hard to find.

Here's some stuff I've lost or forgotten lately.

Laptop: In November I went to Jersey for ONE day for work. I left my laptop in the security checkpoint at the Newark airport. I got it back. Praise God!

I was doing laundry the other day. There are three washers. I had four loads. I went downstairs to move clothes from the washer to the dryer and forgot the fourth load. I went back down (third time to the laundry room) and had the 4th load, but forgot the quarters. I was ir.ri.ta.ted and I couldn't be mad at anyone but me.

I got a Zipcar one day and forgot my cell phone. I dropped the car off at 5. It was cold as... well, cold as Chicago winter outside. At about 6, I walked the three blocks to the car after I'd settled myself in my cozy apartment. The car was gone. So I had to walk back to the house, order the Zipcar for the next time it was available: 10:30 p.m. I got it back, but dang. That was doing a whole lot.

So I came up with a proverb to make me feel better about myself:

It is not she who loses things, but she who cannot find what she lost, who is truly assed out.

No comments: