Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hair Update

For my new and new-ish readers, feel free to learn about natural hair journey here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Side note: I found that the twist-out looks much better if I leave my hair twisted for 24 hours or more before taking out. You could also try a hooded dryer to speed up the drying process, but I'm not really on that.

So at the end of April, I cut my hair to look like this:


Below is what a wash 'n' go looks like with the assymetrical cut


And finally below is what the twist-out I wrote about here AND here looks like:


Sorry about the blurry pics (had to steal them from Facebook). Anyway, I don't know if you can tell because of all the different textures, but my hair has grown a ton since April. I don't have any reason to straighten it, so I probably won't and you'll just have to take my word for it.

I LOVE the twist-out though and just like the wash 'n' go it starts doing it's own thing after a while, which is so much fun to me (y'all know I'm easily amused).

2 comments:

South Loop Social Light said...

Twist outs are a favorite of mine too! I can't wait until I have the rest of my relaxed ends cut off (probably by this time next year) so I can really get the length and fullness that I like!

The Real Housewife of Cook County said...

I don't know if u know, but my hair is natural too but I never wear it out. I'm always in sew-ins. Well, I decided to micro-twist my hair to try something new and after a few really small twists, i switched it up to medium size ones. The small ones were so small that they didn't act right. Anyway, the twists were nice but the next day, they were looking crazy! So i took them down for a twist out and that wasn't looking right either. I just went to the shop and got tree braids! At the shop, they told me I still had relaxed ends. I haven't had a relaxer in YEARS!!! Anyway, they cut those off so maybe when I take these braids down, the twists will look a lot better without perm on the ends. sorry for the long comment.