Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: Year in [abridged] review

January: Brought the new year in at BBC first and later with homies. January 20th brought the New World Order in in D.C. at the inauguration of the first African-American President of the United States of America!!! Oh yes, we got it in.

February: All-Star weekend in Phoenix. Actually went to the games this year.

March: Went to OKC for work.

April: Welcomed my newest niece, Samantha Lee, into the world. Went to Philly for work. Cut my hair for my birthday. :)

May: Went to France for play, memories to last a lifetime. Went to Cincinnati for work.

June: Got a promotion at the gig!!! Went to NOLA for play. Went to B-more for Tiff's wedding (She was Carrie Bradshaw fly!!!). Missed Rachel's wedding while I was at Tiff's wedding (but she knows I love her too!) On the 25th, the King of Pop died. No words can describe the loss the world is feeling right now.


July: KICKED IT in Chi-town for the 4th. For some strange reason black folks were extremely patriotic this year. LOL! Celebrated the promotion with co-workers and friends at District. Went to Lily's second baby shower.

August: Re-signed my lease. Gave myself a break on the condo purchasing talk. I am not superwoman. (P.S. It was unseasonably cold all summer in the Chi. Womp.)

September: Went to NYC and D.C. for work. (P.S. It was unseasonably warm all month in the Chi). Went to my aunt's 50th bday bash.

October: Signed up for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Hoping to be the change I wish to see in the world.

November: Went to Jersey for work. Left my laptop in the airport. :P Got it back. YAY! Celebrated 5 years with the gig. (WOW!)

December: Finally got a raise for the June promotion. The economy is turning around (well, I don't know about the whole economy, but my personal economics are much better now). Woo Sah! Went to Dr. Smith's 60th bday celebration. Had a good time despite the lack of bootential. Took the last week of the year off (per usual) and enjoyed every minute of it.

God is truly amazing. Every year I live gets better and better no matter what else is going on in the world. Hope you had an phenomenal year. Here's to reaching new heights in 2010!!!

3 comments:

Kay* said...

You did have a pretty sweet 2009. I, personally, am SO ready for 2010.

Happy New Year to you!

K to the... said...

if your job ever needs accountants who HAVE to travel...please let me know! lol

Kismet said...

Lovely. Blessed to have you as a FLAVA-ful sister this year, miss. Let's kick a$$ in 2010!