Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tea's Tangents

1. I got something in the mail from my mom. No kidding, she put "yo mamma" with her address in the return address area. I can't make this ish up.

2. Someone posted up an article about the economics of being a call girl. I wanted to read it, but it was super long, so I saved it to my favorites as "hoe article" to remind me to read it later.

3. Lately I've been having dreams about people I'm NOT supposed to be having dreams about. (Don't ask me, b/c I'm not gonna say who). But it is becoming increasingly difficult to tell the difference between how I feel in real life and how I feel when I go to sleep.

4. I have dry skin and it really makes me mad. In the summer I can wear baby oil gel, but in the winter I have to use expensive lotions. I prefer Johnson & Johnson w Shea Butter, but the stores I shop at never have it, so I've been using Curel (works just as good) or Oil of Olay Quench (does a pretty good job too). I wish I could just use generic lotion. Do you know how much I would save every winter? Ah well.

5. I was in church on Sunday and spotted a good looking, suited-up, wedding-ringless brother sitting in the general vicinity of where I sit every Sunday. Needless to say I was exited, but as always, at church, I was focused on God. THEN Bishop asked everyone who needed a job to stand up. We prayed for these folks in Jesus' name that God would bless him.

You all know what happened right? This brother stood up and went from a bootential who I should try to talk to after church to "I should wait until God handles his employment situation THEN I'll talk to him after church."

I don't feel bad about it, but it IS funny. What can I say, I'm honest.

7 comments:

antithesis said...

oh boo, he stood up. keep ur eye on him anyway!

for dry winter skin, u better enter every blog giveaway u see. outside of that, get ur sunday paper and clip those coupons. check out the proctor and gamble website and join "brand saver" for additional coupons you can just print out.

South Loop Social Light said...

You should really try using Carol Daughter's Body Jelly for you skin. It's perfect for either summer or winter and will make your skin feel wonderful!! Plus the jar is fairly large and will last for quite some time.

PyT said...

I love Oil of Olay Quench, but like you said that junk is $10 :-/ I use Johnson & Johnson shea butter too since it's at the local Walgreens.

I have issues with my dreams too. I wonder if it's the truth, just something that I feel or my imagination...I've had some actually occur that make me wonder if it's God's way of giving me a look into the future.

ThummyB said...

LOL @ Hoe Article...


On a related note, when my dad was a cop, he was investigating a case where a serial killer was murdering prostitutes (like Jack the Ripper). The cops decided to round up a large # of prostitutes in the area to question them about what they had seen/heard. It was called 'Operaton Hoe Down'. LOL!

b.enchanted said...

LMAO at "hoe article." And Yo Mamma is crazy...

K to the... said...

Your mom is funny! And #5...yeah, wait that out! :-)

Elle Willa said...

hahaha, I don't know you...but #5 is hilarious.