Monday, October 12, 2009

What Ever Happened to...

A quick google search would tell me what I want to know about these people, but that's too much work. I feel like they should still be relevant enough to be on Twitter or picked up by the entertainment blogs and tabloids, but nope, they've fallen off the face of the planet.

10. Ol boy that played Hakim on Moesha
***Update*** Lamont Bentley, who played Hakim on Moesha died in 2005 in a motorcycle accident. Either YBF wasn't created then or I had my head under a rock because I had no idea. Be careful out there kids, 31 is way too early to die. R.I.P. Hakim!

9. Chef G. Garvin (He was so popular one year 2007 I think, then he fell off the face of the planet. Chef G., if you need a publicist... I got you!)
8. Iyanla Vanzant
7. Vivian Green
6. Dave Hollister
5. Amerie (Yeah, I know she has something out now, but why does she always have to make a comeback. She's not even that old. Where do you go for years at a time Amerie and then come back with the same exact song you have two years ago?)
4. Teddy Riley
3. Lela Rochon
2. Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway
1. Kelly Price

6 comments:

antithesis said...

hakim died in a motorcycle accident years ago. i think not too long after moesha ended.

the rest, idk. i'd been looking for mia x for a minute. found her on twitter last night.

ZDubb said...

I heard Kelly Price was doing some supergroup with Tamia and someone else. Don't quote me lol. The truth and my imagination often intertwine in my head.

Amerie....such a sad story.

Last time I heard Dave Hollister, he was singing on Wow Gospel.

Where IS Vivian Green?! I used to ride to her CD, A Love Story.

My Momma had EVERY Iyanla Vanzant book ever.

South Loop Social Light said...

"Emotional Rollercoaster" was my theme song for a while. I didn't like her follow up cd to that one too much and God, who knows where she is now... but she had a nice voice.

Amerie has never truly "blown up" but I like that she sticks to what she knows. On a random note, I think she kinda looks like Kourtney Kardashian. lol...

therealhousewifeofcookcounty said...

Amerie looks JUST like Kourtney!! I have always noticed that. Her sis is a lawyer, maybe she should have taken a behind the scenes career as well. She's pretty but has no umph...she'll be making comebacks for years to come.

I knew about Hakim, it was crazy because Romeo aka Merlin Santana died not too long after.

Iyanla-where the hell she at? Remember her talk show/ counseling house?

Remember when Viv Green changed her look and came back with the long hair and sexier clothes? That seemed to be a part of her downfall (I think, although I dug her new style as much as the old one).

Forget G. Garvin, i need a publicist, You GOT ME????

TatooTuesday said...

You should've just asked me about numbers:
2-7

Soapbox Cormack said...

Yep Dave Hollister is singing gospel.