Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tea's Tangents: Quick Yoga Edition

Yoga is hilarious. I know it's not supposed to be funny, but blogging and Twitter has completely messed up my ability to be alone. Every time I have a funny, interesting or even off-the-wall thought I'm like dang, I need to Tweet that or blog about that. And oh the thoughts I have in yoga class.

1. I swear I thought I heard the background music say WOOOO SAAAAH. The lady was chanting in some language and I was about to cry in laughter. All I could think about was Martin in his captain's house, on the phone with his wife, high off ectasy in a blue fluffy housecoat talking about, "you should see this sexy shit I got on right now." I was like hold it together T, do your warrior pose T, do not laugh out loud T. It was tough.

2. Yoga has all kinds of fun new ways to describe things. Now, your booty bone in yoga is called the sit bone. I'm sure that's not the medical term for it, but it's pretty self-explanatory. So my instructor goes "Come on to the top of your sit bones. Take your hands under and remove all that upholstery to make sure you're properly aligned." I'm in class like wait. no. stop. Did he just call my ass upholstery? I can't make this ish up!!!

1 comment:

Kay* said...

haha i know what you mean! i took a pilates class today for the first time and at the end we had to chant 'oooooommmmmmmmm' 3 times. i felt RIDICULOUS and wanted to laugh as i heard everyone chanting it. but i would have been the only immature one laughing....lolol.