Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quotes

Sometimes the truth is just funny. My mom and I are a lot alike. I went over to watch the game a few Sundays ago and we were yelling the same obscenities at the TV, biting our nails at the same time during the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter and doing the same dance for a Bears TD.

We're so much alike that my stepfather won't even watch the game with us. He watches on the 2nd floor if we're on the 1st floor and he watches in the basement if we're on the 2nd floor. Guess he doesn't need a double dose of superfans. Hilarity.

Anywho, I was looking at some wedding pics and the bride cleaned up really well. It's crazy how my mom and I were on the same page about it. Convo went like this:

Me: *surprised voice* Oh, she looks really nice.
Mom: Um hm. (unsuprised voice almosts as if to say, "of course")
Me: You know she's not the prettiest girl
Mom: Well, he's not the best looking guy
Me: Yeah, they're perfect for each other
Mom: Yeah, that's how it should be

AHAHAHAHAHA. I completely agree with her, but it's just funny hearing someone who's not me say this stuff.

P.S. If you're interested check out last night's impromptu post of the Quest To Find the Perfect Black Pant (below).

2 comments:

South Loop Social Light said...

I'm the same way with my mother. We have the same sense of humor and sometimes we can just go on and on... I like seeing other people have great relationships with their parents!

K to the... said...

lol That couple is going to have the pretties baby ever...watch!