Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Question of the Day: First Date Fits

What's your favorite first date outfit? (to wear and/or to see on a member of the opposite sex).

I usually do jeans, a cute shirt, sandals in the summer, pumps or boots in the winter. I try not to do the skinny jean/knee boot combo. Gave this dude the COMPLETE wrong idea on a first date one time. (Dude, I'm not into S&M... I just like boots, LOL!)

For a guy, I don't really care as long as he looks age appropriate (please no granddaddy Nikes), but if I HAD to pick, I guess I'd prefer a preppy/casual look on a first date. Dude who looks like he shops at Ralph Lauren and/or Banana Republic...

What about y'all?

6 comments:

South Loop Social Light said...

It depends on where you're going. For a fall dinner date, a sweater dress with boots or a wrap dress with stilettos. For a movie, probably leggings or jeans with boots and a casual top. I must say that I'm always going to say a skirt/dress or leggings. Jeans are a last resort for me.

antithesis said...

i think it depends on where we're going. if we're doing something fun like bowling, i'd keep it so casual and neat. i think flat boots and skinny jeans are ok in the cooler months. and im pretty much with u on the warmer months: ballet flats/sandals and jeans. i made the mistake of wearing a botton-down shirt dress and boots and i probably wont wear a dress or skirt on a first date to the MOVIES again.

T said...

I forget that a bunch of you all don't know me in real life and all my little rules and idiosyncracies.

Dating Rule #1) Never go to a movie on a first date. It's dark, you can't talk and unless you go to dinner afterwards, you won't know much more about them than you did before the date.

You're basically sitting next to a stranger you know nothing about for two hours. (Unless it's an old friend, but)

Dating Rule #2) Never date friends.

So yeah, a first date is always over a meal or a drink or coffee or tea for me and I probably should have clarified in the question.

Reese said...

my rule of thumb is dress appropriate to the date. although i would have paid cash money to see T in the skinnys and the tall boots :). i think denim and a crisp shirt and sneakers or loafers can go pretty much anywhere for a guy

inc23 said...

I'm with you on the outfit. As much as I love skirts and dresses I would have to being doing something where jeans or leggings are inappropriate to wear on the first date. Might be a comfort thing.

Luvvie said...

Skinny jeans & knee boots are my uniform from October to April.