Monday, October 5, 2009

Question For The Ladies

Time for a little girltalk, sorry fellas.

Am I the only one who's bra is trying to kill her at about 3 p.m. every day? Everyday when I get home from work, I pop the clasp immediately just so I can breathe. Hell, sometimes I do it during the day. I wonder if I need to go into Victoria's Secret and get remeasured.

I'm a member of the IBTC, so I can't see why this is happening. I'm only a 36B. If there was a "36A and a half" that'd probably be more fitting. I feel like it'd be silly for me to wear 38B (No diss anyone). 38 just doesn't seem like a measurement that would descibe my small frame.

I remember when I went from a 34B to a 36B. I was shocked. Like why the hell is my back stretching (Because it's not like the girls are getting any bigger)?

The main [read: actual] problem is I don't want to have to start from scratch with new bra/panty sets. ARGH!!!

Is anyone else being choked by her bra?

6 comments:

antithesis said...

i have the worst luck with bras. i was doing the victorias secret thing but their bras really dont fit me right. so then, i tried macys. luck was few and far between so i quit them. being broke, i went to kohls and found some bras i really liked and the fit was comfy but since theyre much cheaper, after a few washes, they are uncomfortable. i doubt it's a measurement thing with you. i think it's moreso time to re-invest in your bra sets. :/

KindredSmile said...

First, get measured. I try to do this every 6 months - usually the result is the same, but it's something that a lot of gals don't think about. If you're a VS fan, I'd recommend the BioFit bra - it's unlike anything I've ever tried (comfortable! breathable!).

South Loop Social Light said...

I'm a 36DD and my issue is not having any options of cute bras to buy. I'm always looking thru stores and disappointed to find the standard tan, black and white. *sigh* Girls with big boobs want options too!! lol...

On another note, my bra strap "bulge" is the best way for me to keep track of when I'm gaining/losing weight. lol Not sure if anyone else can use this as an effective way to see when you need to push away from the table and kick that workout into overdrive.

ThummyB said...

Yeah - your size might be off. My fav bra is VS' Angels' Secret Embrace push-up. The material is really soft and lays smoothly against your skin. I think it would be comfortable even if it was too tight.

T said...

@thummyb I have a Secret Embrace and I love it.

@Kindred Smile I'm going to try the Biofit (on a sale, of course)

@antithesis Real talk, the best bras are at Wal-mart. If I had a car, I'd be in there right now. I feel like all bras are cheap by nature, so you migth as well get a good price on them. I shop at VS out of convenience though. As long as the set matches, I'm good to go.

*sigh* I guess I have to go get fitted. Boo!!!

la said...

Sadly, the only time I ever got measured was a couple of years ago in preparation for my Carnival costume. :-/ BUT...ever since I've been buying bras in the right size, my boobs look GREAT. It's probably because most bras made for my size are built with a little oomph, but hey...I'll take what I can get. I get my underwear from department stores 99% of the time. In my experience, DKNY is the best. Wacoal (which is pretty good overall) has a hipper line called "B.tempt'd" which is ok, but they make some pretty cheesy panties (I do NOT need flare on my underwear thankyouverymuch). I think it's time I got fitted again though because my nips are threatening to slip.

Yes, I know that was TMI.