I logged on to Twitter last night after an awesome nap (had the day off) and the trending topic was #uknowufromChicago. Oh boy. I was dying laughing at first, but then I started Tweeting too. I seriously put up about 100 Tweets last night.
We all basically reminisced about high school and grammar school, hood delicacies and the Chicago music industry (R. Kelly, Twista, Do or Die, Crucial Conflict). We also touched on our corrupt local government, high school rivalries, neighborhood rivalres and of course, Chicago slang (with a few gang references mixed in their for good measure).
I cannot even describe to you the hilarity that ensued, but here are some of my favorite Tweets from last night.
- If you ever had to steal off somebody
- If you know who Eagle Man and Peter Francis Geraci are
- If you ever worked at the Plaza (or North Riverside, out west)
- If your grandma lives in a Bungalow, Georgian or 2 Flat in the hood
- If you use the term Express way (what the hell is a freeway?)
- If you know where to get a pizza puff, fries and a pop (Orange, Grape or RC) for $3 in 2009
- If you think the proper word for "Finna" is Fin To
- If you're a soutsider who only goes to the West side for MacArthurs
- If you can finish this "5-8-8"
- If you had that $1.00 lipgloss with the roller ball in cherry, grape, or strawberry
- If you've ever had to switch from "HEAT" to "A/C" in the same day
- If you consider Ghetto Queen a love song
- If you can't help but get low when you hear "HOLD UP, WAIT A MINUTE"
- If u say 'i'm fr the 100's' and erybody in the room yell out WILDWILD!
And my absolute favorite
#uknowufromChicago when u sing along with the car alarm "do do do do reer reer reer reer uur-oop uurr-oop uur-oop ur-opp ehh ehh ehh ehh"
Ok, that's all I can do. But this was the #3 trending topic last night, so 1000s of Tweets were sent. Hilarious!!!