This was a good weekend in the Chi despite the 60-degree temps. Had to share my calendar with y'all.
- Dinner Circle with some fabulous ladies at Volare (highly recommend it).
- Partying with Kismet and her little sis who just turned 21 at Funk & Buttafly.
- Ran into (and hugged) Hosea Sanchez (Malik from the Game). He's only about 5'10, but he was really nice.
- Yes, I had to go to work on Friday, but you're only young once and Kismet was only in town for a limited time.
- I survived the workday.
- PyT's homie from Ohio came into town. It was cold and raining, but we go hard for Chi-town guests, so we kicked it.
- Tried to go to Underground. (They weren't even honoring tables. How you get so exclusive that you turn down hundreds of dollars is a mystery to me.)
- Went to Vain, started the night on the dance floor, ended the night in the VIP. YESSIR! Ran into Hosea again, you can never have too much of him.
- Volunteered with Chicago Cares at CWAPChicago
- Attended the Black Harvest Film Festival
- Club hopped with PyT and her girl. We hit the Wit, The W Lakeshore, The W City Center (Chicago NBA All-star party), Cagney's and Filthy Libertine (Garrett Wolfe's bday party). Save for the Wit, everything was pretty wack.
- Church at AFC
- Birthday cook-out for a homie's 30th
Yeah, this weekend was off the chain! I kind of unofficially just gave you all a summer weekend guide to the Chi. Keep that in your back pocket.
Coming up this week:
Tea's Tips for the workplace: Parts 1 and 2
GAP Born to Fit Party Recap