Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Remember That?

I remember how good music used to make me feel. Hungry... like I just wanted to hear more and more of it. I wanted to know who it was and who they were and when they were coming out with their next tape (yes, I said tape).

I remember the first time I heard Just One of Them Days by Monica... and finding out she was only 14. I was probably 10 or 11 and she seemed SO grown to me. Or do you remember the first time you heard I wanna sex you up by Color Me Bad or What Have You Done For Me Lately by Janet or I Wanna Be Down By Brandi or Back, Back, Forth and Forth by Aaliyah (miss her in the worst way).

Hell, the first time I heard All Falls Down by Kanye I was intrigued. Man, I miss that feeling. What song gave you butterflies the first time you heard it?



P.S. Someone needs to throw a 90s party. I'm feelling real nostalgic right now.

1 comment:

KindredSmile said...

As the resident self-proclaimed expert on mid-90s music, I'd love to throw a shindig. I like the way you think, honey!