Friday, August 7, 2009

If I Could Be Like Mike

I wanna be, I wanna be like MIKE!!!! Or some of you know him as Southside Superstar (4s for short). This is one of my boys and I knew he liked to shop, but I didn't know he had it like that.

For some strange reason around May his regularly budgeted expenditures decreased (I got jokes, I know).

So he decided to go summer shopping. This TYPE of shopping experience was new to me. I've been to boutiques before and I've had good customer service before, but I've never been to a place where they pick out entire outfits and shoes and you just say yeah, I'll take ALL that. I've seen it on TV. I've heard about people that do it at Saks, but they're all in a different tax bracket from me.

We received this great service at male sneaker boutiques. These are places that have exclusive gym shoes (who even knew you could get an exclusive gym shoe). We went to Succezz and Self-Conscious in Chicago. (Google 'em)

It really opened my mind to the male shopping experience. They still don't try stuff on. They still don't spend a lot of time. There were leather couches and gaming systems and flat screen TVs everywhere and cold beverages. It was pretty frickin' awesome. (Yes, I just said frickin' awesome).

He spent some serious bread that day in a very short time. Anyway, the damage looks like this (This pic is just the shoes, there's an outfit to go with every pair)...


If I could be like Mike. I wanna be, I wanna be like MIKE!!!

5 comments:

Lteefaw said...

I'll be in the Chic later this month so I'll have to check this place out

ThummyB said...

It sounds like a place where a sistah like myself MIGHT be on the come up...maybe.

K to the... said...

I am not at all shocked by 4S purchases! The man is pret..ty...darn...fly...with his disappearing auss!!! Love ya 4S! :-)

Southside_Superstar said...

I am my own stimulus package! Some one has to get this economy going again, just doing my part. Shout out to Vel and Cliff (Style Gurus).

Correction we didn't make it to Leaders they were closed by the time we left Succezz...Great spot though!

Vel @ Succezz 1329 S Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60605-2601 - (312) 431-1900

Cliff @ Self Conscious 1021 W Lake St
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 633-4000

B-More BAP said...

Wow! Sounds like a great experience!