Monday, June 15, 2009

A Weekend in the Life

Hello, My name is Tea and I'm a PR girl. I just finished major events for three of my four clients in the span of five days. Saying PR girls work hard is the understatement our careers. We clock long hours, have impossible deadlines, make less than average salaries and have to appease the best and most demanding managers and clients.

Most importantly, we deliver. We make the difficult look easy and make the impossible look like a big misunderstanding. We don't understand phrases like "I can't." um... yes you can and yes you will and you'll meet my deadline too. Thanks.

So anyway, here's a glimpse at a[n event] weekend in the life of a PR girl:

Friday
4:45 a.m. Awake
5:30 a.m. Leave the house
6 a.m. Arrive at NBC for TV segment
7 a.m. Got back to the office; worked
7 p.m. Got dressed in the bathroom at work (yes, I worked 12 hours non-stop, 13 if you count the morning TV segment)
7:30 p.m. Pops for Champagne with client and team
9 p.m. Japonais with client, spokesperson and team
11: 52 p.m. Got home
11:59 p.m. Knocked out!!!

Saturday
7 a.m. Awake
8:30 a.m. Arrive at the office, make some phone calls, print some stuff, pick up event materials
10 a.m. Arrive at event site
10 a.m. -12 p.m. Event prep, implement rain plan (damn Chicago weather!!!)
12 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Conduct event
4:30 p.m. - Event clean up, go back to office
5 p.m - Check voicemail only to find I have an emergency for another client event (Seriously, I can't make this ish up)
5:01 p.m. - Work to alleviate emergency situation
5:46 p.m. Went the hell home
6 p.m. - Got home
6:01 p.m. Called it a night

Sunday
Church, Brunch, Laundry, Nap, Borders, Dinner, B-ball game, Pray, Sleep.

Trust, I'm not complaining. I love my job! I just want to illustrate how your girl PUTS IN WORK!

In other news: the cyber fighting was so successful last week (thanks Kismet) that we're going to have a cyber party in here tomorrow. Please come back and party with me because it's going down!!!

2 comments:

kay* said...

girl you are definitely working your behind off! reading that just made me tired :)

coming from another pr girl i know how crazy it can be! kudos to you for doing your thang.

antithesis said...

lol! wow! i thought i knew what it's like to have a lot to do until i read this. some people are cut out to do such things on the regular. i'm not one of those people. sometimes i need there to be nothing to do at work. much respect to you and all others who can hold it down.