Tuesday, June 30, 2009

D.C. Partying

I finally met Anthithesis in person and yes, fellas, the dimples are real. LOL! She's just like she is on her blog, a little anti, a little witty, overall cool as hell. We were spotting messes (and commenting on them) all night at the club.

Of course, she had the quote of the day:

"It's like everywack dude in D.C. called every other wack dude and said, 'hey, let's go out tonight'"

Yeah sunglasses in the club, grown men with keds and slip-ons on, girls wearing 80s prom dresses, one uber-wack chich with a natural weave.

T, what's a natural weave?

Well, it's a big wack weave that looks like natural hair, but it's NOT natural hair. I was embarrased to have natural hair because I was like if anyone doesn't know that's a weave, they're going to look at her as the poster child for not going natural. Bwoy, she looked a monkey!

Oh, and while we're on the subject of hair... I need my natural sisters to stop flat-ironing their hair, then going to the hot sweaty club. Two songs in and you look a big nappy haired mess. And, if the people who I saw actually had perms, they need to consider going natural or strengthening their perm potency because whatever formula they're using is NOT working. Walking around looking like a pre-permed Denzel in the Malcolm X movie... STOP.IT. NOW.

Anyway, I had a good time, because I had a little drink in me and I was with good people and even though the first DJ was wack, the second DJ played some bangers. I learned how to swag surf, acted a fool when they asked who was from Chicago and saw a Whitney Young alum (and club, any city, you're guaranteed to run into WY peeps).

I might recap the wedding tomorrow... waiting to steal some pics from fb.

4 comments:

antithesis said...

lmao @ u getting my quote verbatim! and ur recap was super accurate. great meeting you and glad to see you have made it back in one piece!

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

good for u

ThummyB said...

Everytime that I hear you say someone looks a 'monkey' it makes my day. That is all.

PyT said...

LOL @ looked a monkey. And boo to shades in the club,