Monday, May 18, 2009

Perfect Sunday

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect Sunday. The only thing that could have made it better is if I'd spent it with family or if a football game had been on. (Man, I cannot wait until football season).

8:45 a.m. - Early morning church service at AFC... yeah, I was 45 minutes late, but I praised with the radio in the Zipcar on the way there and I still got the word :)
10:30 a.m. - Finally dropped off two bags of clothes at the Salvation Army (Amen for spring cleaning!)
11 a.m. - Randomly checked out some Lakeview apartments (Given some recent news at work, I'm going to postpone my purchasing aspirations for a couple of years... thinking about upgrading the apartment though. You all know my mind often changes at a moment's notice, so don't hold me to any of this.)
12 p.m. Shoe shopping! Still searching for a practical wedge and flat...
Sometime between 12 and 2:32: Encountered a cutie.
2:33 p.m. Bought two pairs of FLAWLESS wedges at DSW. I absolutely love shoes... like almost as much as I love cake and you KNOW how much I love cake.
Wedge # 1 Black leather peep toe mary jane sling back wedges... they give me shivers.
Wedge # 2 Cocoa patent leather t-straps with brown thread stitching detail, a gold buckle and a straw-colored wicker wedge. (Yes, wicker like summer chairs). AWESOME!

I can explain what they look like, but I cannot explain to you the bliss I experienced when I found these shoes. Perhaps this clip will sum it up:


3 p.m. Washed three loads of clothes with minimal problems in the laundry room/got caught up on Tea & Such for the week
6:30 Magic-Celtics game/Catching up on thummyb's hood activities at the Green Dolphin
9:30 p.m. Prayed and meditated for a serene week
10:30 p.m. Packed for Cincinnati. I'm going for like 18 hours after work today. I literally forgot I was going and was about to go to sleep when it occurred to me that I have something to do Monday evening... like take a plane to another city. :-/

Hope you had a fabulous weekend too!

Coming up this week: France recap (Finally!!!)

4 comments:

PyT said...

I love that New Shoes Boondock clip, lol.

I am so jealous of your Sunday.. I love when I'm home on the weekends to clean, catch up, go praise the Lord and just chill.

ThummyB said...

Damn...so chatting w/your girl didn't even make it on the list of 'great Sunday activities'? I see how you do me :-P

T said...

@ thummyb, I updated. HAHAHA!

Product Junkie Diva said...

hahah LOL that is how I am with shoes. New shoes new shoes lol.
Happy Monday T
PJD