Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mergers and Acquistions

[Question of the day is] Did you all know Northwest and Delta merged? I didn't find this out until the flight I was taking home from Amsterdam (I had a connect from France) was a Delta flight, not Northwest or KLM (Northwest's Dutch partner airline). Then I looked it up and apparently the merger happened on October 29, 2008. I don't exactly keep my ear to the ground about mergers and acquisitions, but I DO watch the news and read the newspaper regularly and I don't remember reading about this AT ALL.

It's like the two companies are trying to keep it quiet OR the news doesn't think it's newsworthy, both options are bananas. Northwest also just merged with America West ("just" meaning probably about two years ago).

As someone who travels a lot I just can't believe I missed this. At the end of the day, I just want to make sure all my frequent flyer miles are accounted for.

There were also jobs saved and created because of the merger, so I'm happy about that too. :)

Coming up next week: France recap and maybe some photos. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

antithesis said...

no, i didnt know about the merger. in this economy, there are so many more acquisitions. i used to keep up with it in high school but ive fallen off as of late.