Thursday, April 2, 2009

Book of the Week: Expect to Win



I just finished Expect To Win. It's EXCELLENT. Carla Harris contributes to the work section in Essence, which is where I first saw the credits for this book. Carla Harris is a Wall Street vet. She's a sister, and she's sharp, genuine and never condescending. Her advice in the book sounds like it's coming from a close mentor, someone who really wants to see you succeed.

She concludes each chapter with Carla's Pearls. These pearls are chapter summaries and little sayings that she uses in real life mentoring and coaching. Don't be surprised if you see a bunch of these sentences as post-it notes taped to my computer at work.

I couldn't pick a favorite chapter because I loved EVERY chapter of this book.

If you're interested in taking your career to the next level, I highly recommend this book. Do you have any professional book recommendations?

2 comments:

Mrs.Young_fashion said...

No but I think I need some inspiration.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I definitely need to read this book. I've been trying to take my career to the next level for far too long without any results. Thanks T for sharing this title with us.