Friday, March 27, 2009

Shecky's Event Recap

Shecky's Girl's Night Out was really fun. X-Rated, Midori and Skyy Vodka were sponsors and the kept the drinks flowing. There were also beer tasting and pairings every half hour.

There were basically a bunch of fab vendors there with clothing, jewelry, shoes and other ultra feminine accessories. Some were local (Ms. Catwalk was there), some were online stores only, others were from other parts of the country. The free tickets I won also got me and thummyb stocked goodie bags. YAY!

Here are my top 10 faves of the night. I'm going to alternate between goodie bag products and vendors. (Actually my absolute favorite will not get a shout out because I don't need folks shopping where I'm shopping. Wedding season is approaching, I'm not trying to look like everyone else.)

10. The randomness including products from O.B., Durex and Splenda.

9. Haji Couture - They had the most fabulous feather earrings.

8. Sleep Scentsations - These are scent stickers that you put on your pillow (under the pillow case). I used it right away, but I still don't know how I feel about it. It's like sleeping on top of a box of bounty. I'm indifferent, but it still deserves a shout.

7. Pickadilly - No, this is not the liquor store in Champaign. It's actually a cute baby gift boutique. If you have a baby shower coming up, you'll definitely have the cutest gift if you get it from here.
6. Yes to Carrots Moisturizing Body Scrub - I haven't tried it yet, but I might de-winterize these feet this weekend, so looking forward to the opportunity. LOL! P.S. is it just me or are they everywhere right now? I checked the manufacturer and it's not one of the big boys (Univerler, P&G or SCJohnson. It's just Yes To Ltd.) Way to bust on to the scene!

5. Coco Irene - All the pieces at this boutique had very vintage look to me. Every piece was fabulous, but if you're looking for something different (and fabulous), you can definitely find it here. Don't let the models fool you either, I think a sister owns this boutique. (A sister who knows how to market products, I should say).

4. Sweet Cosmo Lip Polish - I haven't tried it yet, but there a mirror on the side of the tube. LOVES IT!!!

3. Paoo - They're jewelry was SO fabulous. And unique. I'm looking at the Web site and kicking myself for not buying the stuff at the showing, which was 40% off. There was also a lot of silver and costume jewelry for the low (like $10-$100), which I cannot find on the Web site. Womp.

2. Schick Intution razor - I think BGG has talked about this before. I said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE this razor. The moisturizing bar is THE BEST!!! Best part is that the free gift came with a coupon. (I'm on a budget out here folks)

1. Clutch Bags Online - This sister gets number one because instead of asking me if she could help me, she introduced herself to me. Firm handshake and everything. I don't remember her name, but I remember her shop and I know if I ever needed a bag she'd look out. I don't know if these bags were name brand or not, but they were CA-YUTE. I'm not a labels whore, so as long as it's fly, doesn't matter who made it.

5 comments:

Reese said...

(Actually my absolute favorite will not get a shout out because I don't need folks shopping where I'm shopping. Wedding season is approaching, I'm not trying to look like everyone else.)


lol thats reverse hating, cause if you fly you can give the whole world the shop name and you STILL gonna kill em!

i kid i kid. i think im getting the itch im going to email you something soon

pps get on Twitter!

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

sounds like yawl gonna have a blast

ThummyB said...

I am still hurt that I didn't buy that ring that I saw...although the knowledge that I bought 2 dresses and a necklaces for less than the cost of the one ring is making it a bit easier.

SassyGal said...

I went to Sheckys in Houston with some girlfriends. The gift bag was OK, i got the razor too and alot of carrot lotion. Lots of great stuff there. That Sleep Scentsations company was there too. We thought the liners were neat and bought a collection box. So far my fav is the Relaxing. I tried the Snore one on my BF. I need more!!!! lol

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Hey T! Thanks for the shout-out! :-)

I've never gone to a Shecky's event, but I hear that they are all the rage. I must try it.

Oh btw, Yes to Carrots is FANTASTIC!!! I love all of their products.