Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Old People are GREAT!

Side note: I've been in OKC all weekend. I'll be home tonight. D&J say hi. :)

On to the topic at hand

A couple of funny tidbits from older folks...

- I was sitting waiting for a to-go order in Corner Bakery and this 70+ woman was looking at another 70+ woman and mentioned to me that she had great posture. When I stare at another 20-something woman, I'm sure I look at her purse, her shoes and maybe even her hair and make-up. I love how our priorites change as we age.

- My dad's dad died and my mom's mom came to the funeral. I was like grandma, I didn't know you were coming. She was like well yeah, I don't work anymore, so I thought I should come out and support the family. I was like grandma, you just hit up the funeral circuit now, don't you? She started rollin'..., but she didn't deny it. I hit clubs, grandma hits funerals. If that's not funny to you, you have NO sense of humor.

Funny conversation on the same day:

Grandma to my mom: Can I ride with you all to the burial?
Mom: Sure.
Grandma: (When we get to the graveyard) I'm not getting out of the car. I don't want to get mud on my boots.
Mom: Then why did you come to the burial, Ma?
Grandma: I just needed a ride home.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

4 comments:

NaturallyAlise said...

That is hilarious and so cute, I have an uncle (he is mentally impaired though) that hits the funeral circuit, everyone in my town knows him bc he goes to EVERY funeral within a 30 mile radius, so at least once a motnh someone will come up to me saying, "I seent your Uncle Charles at such-and-such's funeral"... I think he goes for the repass.... lol

antithesis said...

old people are funny until ur the butt of the joke. my g'ma will go on the youngest of grandbabies. still funny though

b.enchanted said...

T, your Grandma is hilarious. What I love most about older people is their brutal honesty. It's the best.

Cris said...

I love old people. They can do and say anything they want and get away with it. Then to top that off, its funny.